- It is illegal to serve alcohol to any minor who is not your legal child, even if the child’s parent gives you permission or if you take the car keys of the teen who is drinking.
- 39% of 9th and 11th grade students surveyed in Washington County have drank alcohol within the last 30 days; 69% in the last 12 months.
- Children who start drinking before age 15 have a 400% greater chance of becoming alcohol dependent as an adult than a child who waits until they are 21 to start drinking.
- The younger an individual is when they start drinking, the more likely they are to use other drugs.
- Having clear rules and boundaries for teens helps to decrease the liklihood of their participation in high-risk behaviors.
- Research shows that for teens that do not drink, the biggest factor is not wanting to disappoint their parents.
- What Kids Need: Developmental Assets
Helping you discover what kids need to succeed.